Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available during 2014-2020.
The main goals are the development of excellent science, removing barriers to innovation and to ease the exchange of information between public, private sectors and the public.
However, every selected project needs to be useful to the society by tackling societal challenges. Moreover, it should achieve excellent science and develop, and maintain, an industrial leadership in Europe.
Furthermore, the project above includes the SME Instrument which is a special funding for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises focused in growing and succeeding in internationalization.
In addition, the funding offers a great opportunity to companies with brighter and more innovative projects to take a large step forward. As a result of this, its main focus is the most disruptive organizations. Those ones could potentially create new markets or transform the actuals.
ZoitechLab, creator, manufacturer and distributor of the Seminal Quality System, participates in this project, the SME Instrument Phase 2, that lasts 18 months. Consequently, our organization is aiming to be the driver to a cheaper, faster and more precise artificial insemination, saving time and resources to anyone who belongs to this field.
Below is a short explanation of the benefits that could be reached by the user of the SQS.
Facilitating the fertilization process
- Process automation, user-friendly and easy results comprehension.
- Shows simple and easy to understand images of the spermatozoa state.
- Objective interpretation of the colors thanks to the fluorescent dye.
- Allows the highly precise calculation of the available doses.
- Eliminates the human error while choosing chambers, the biased interpretation associate to different viewers and the fatigue derived of the constant repetition of the same operation.
- Decreases analysis time as well as the amount of resources needed.
- Regular improvements thanks to the investigation of ZoitechLab and customer feedback.
- User experience prioritization, adjusting the device to the client’s needs.